R E C I P E S
1. Bacon, Egg & Avocado on the 1/2 Shell
- Preparation 5 min Cook Time15 min
Recipe Provided By the California Avocado Commission.
Instructions: Cut the avocado in half. Scoop out the avocado so the hole matches the size of your eggs. If you don't do this, the eggs will spill out onto the cookie sheet and make a mess. Crack an egg into each half of the avocado, resting the edge of the avocado on the side of the cookie sheet. This helps keep it stable so the avocado doesn’t roll and spill the egg. Add the pieces of bacon to the top and place in the oven at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. You can adjust this based on how you like your eggs cooked. Then add salt and pepper to taste. I would not have imagined that warm avocado would be so yummy, but IT IS! I could eat this for any meal. As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting.
2. Cheese, Egg & Avocado on the 1/2 Shell
Cayenne pepper (or any spice of your choice)
Remove the stone from an avocado. Scoop out a little more avocado to increase the size of the stone's crater. Crack an egg into the crater. Sprinkle with Cayenne pepper (cheese too if you desire). Bake in the oven at 180 degrees until egg is cooked to the level you like.
1. Greek Guacamole
- 4 California Avocados
- 3 oz. cherry tomatoes, cut in half or quarters if large
- 2 oz. finely diced cucumber, seeded (do not peel)
- 2 oz. finely chopped red onion
- 2 oz. pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 oz. finely crumbled Feta cheese
- 2 tsp. chopped, fresh marjoram or oregano
mash (DO NOT PUREE) California avocados; stir in lemon juice. Fold in
remaining ingredients. Serve with toasted pita bread.
- Guacamole is best made as close to service as possible. Store in an airtight container with plastic wrap against the surface.
2. Chipotle Chicken and Avocado Quesadillas
avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages
about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the
- Preparation: 30 min. Cook Time: 10 min. Total Time: 40 min.
chicken, black beans, onions, cilantro, chiles, vinegar, oil, salt and
pepper in a mixing bowl. Let sit 20 minutes to blend flavors.
- Mix cheeses together in a bowl.
- Lay tortillas on a counter and brush with melted butter.
a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place a tortilla, buttered side
down, into the skillet and place a portion of cheese mixture over entire
tortilla. Place a portion of chicken mixture over half of the tortilla,
leaving the other half empty. Cover chicken mixture with a portion of
- Cook until cheese begins to melt, about 3 to 4
minutes. Fold tortilla in half, over the avocado and chicken mixture.
Continue cooking until tortilla is lightly golden on both sides and
cheese begins to ooze. Repeat with remaining quesadillas.
- Cut quesadillas into wedges and serve with Avocado Citrus Crema.
Avocado Citrus Crema (sauce)
Combine ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
Nutrition information per serving:
450; Total Fat: 30 g (Sat 11 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 1.5 g, Mono 8 g);
Cholesterol 60 mg; Sodium 1130 mg; Potassium 410 mg; Total Carbohydrates
23 g; Dietary Fiber 6 g; Total Sugars 3 g; Protein 2 g; Vitamin A 750
IU; Vitamin C 13 mg; Calcium 211 mg; Iron 2 mg; Vitamin D 1 IU; Folate
85 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.1 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 20%; Iron 8%
3. Guacamole Cups
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 24-36 cups
- Wonton wraps
- Yolie's Guacamole - Yolie's Avos, your favorite recipe
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Then press your desired number of wonton wrappers (you can do this in multiple batches) into a mini baking cup pan to form the “cups”. (Be sure that the corners do not fold in after the pan sits for a minute!) Bake the cups for 10-15 minutes, or until the wrappers are golden brown. Remove and let cool for at least 5 minutes. Use a spoon to scoop in the guacamole into each cup. Serve immediately.